Fast hardening elastic adhesive with drum-sound reducing properties. Does not contain water, isocyanate or organic solvents.
The adhesive can be used for glueing of Junckers solid hardwood floors, 2-strip, planks, single staves and Hex Parket.
Can also be used for glueing of engineered flooring.
Parquet Glue can be applied to most subfloors, like concrete, steel, aluminium and wood.
Anhydrite and asphalt subfloors must be primed with Junckers Liquid Moisture Barrier before application of adhesive.
Drying properties: The adhesive hardens solely with the help of the air's humidity.
Package size: 10 litre / 2.64 gallon / 16.5 kg.
Density: Approx. 1.65 kg/litre (3.64 lbs/gallon).
Colour: Light brown.
EMICODE: EC1 PLUS - very low emission.
Coverage: Approx. 0,5-0,6 litre/m² (60 sq. ft. per gallon).
Basis: MS Polymer.
Organic solvents: None.
Solid content: 100 %.
Drying time: Full strength after 1-2 days.
Open time: Wet glueing: 0-40 min.
Temperature resistance: -30°C to 70°C (-20°F to 160°F).
Wood based subfloors and concrete subfloors, where it is not necessary to prime with Junckers Liquid Moisture Barrier: Junckers Plastic Adhesive Spatula.
Floors primed with Junckers Liquid Moisture Barrier: Junckers Metal Adhesive Spatula B11.
Cleaning of tools: Clean tools with a soft cloth immediately after use, or mechanically after hardening.
Storage: Lasts for 1 year if unopened and stored at 20 °C. Not to be exposed to temperatures below 0 °C.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Concrete subfloors:
- Ensure that the residual moisture content of the subfloor is no higher than 65 % RH.
- During installation, the underfloor heating system must be turned off to aid adhesive workability.
- If the residual moisture content is higher than recommended, and in case of underfloor heating, Junckers Liquid Moisture Barrier, must be applied prior to glueing the floor.
- Wooden subfloors:
- The moisture content must be in balance with the relative humidity of the room, i.e. 6-12 % moisture content.
- The surface must be clean, dry and level, i.e. 2 mm under a 1.5 m straight edge.
(UK: 3 mm under a 2 m straight edge), (US: 3/16" in 10 ft.).
- The temperature of the room must be 18-22 °C (64-72 °F) and the humidity 35-65 % RH.
- Apply the adhesive with one of Junckers' adhesive spatulas. This ensures leaving the correct amount of adhesive.
- Make sure to choose the correct spatula, see Application tools.
- The spatula is held at an angle of 45°.
- Apply the adhesive on an area equivalent to 3-4 rows of floor boards at a time and never exceed an area in which the boards can be fitted within 40 minutes.
INSTALLING THE FLOORBOARDS:
- The floorboards are pressed down firmly into the wet adhesive.
- When installing solid hardwood 2-strip or planks, remember to use spacers in between every row of boards at max. 900 mm in order to achieve the required 10-board measurement.
- Find further information in the laying instructions of the specific floor type.
- Any surface treatment must be performed at the earliest after 48 hours.
Before using the product, read the label on the container carefully and observe the recommended precautionary measures.
See Material Safety Data Sheet for detailed information.
F 6.5 - Junckers Liquid Moisture Barrier