HP Sport is our premium quality two-component water-based 100 % polyurethane lacquer for very high traffic sports floors.
Non-yellowing, extremely durable, scuff resistant, and very fast curing. Complies with the friction requirements of EN 14904 for multi-purpose sports floors.
Suitable for previously sealed as well as for new or fully sanded floors.
When lacquering an untreated floor or a floor sanded to bare wood, use one of Junckers primers prior to the finishing top seal. HP Sport must be mixed with HP Hardener before use.
For professional use only.
Product: Two-component water-based polyurethane lacquer.
4.95 litres (4.5+0.45) and 24.2 litres (22+2.2) in Ultra matt, Matt, Silk matt.
Appearance: Creamy/milky in the container. Colourless film when dry.
Coverage: 10-12 m² per litre
Mixing: 10 parts of lacquer to 1 part of hardener.
- Stir/shake the lacquer thoroughly until any settled product has been stirred/shaked in.
- Pour hardener and stir/shake the lacquer thoroughly again, minimum 45 seconds.
- After adding hardener leave for 10 minutes.
- Stir/shake the lacquer again prior to use, minimum 45 seconds.
Pot-life: The mixture should be used within 2 hours. Avoid reuse of mixed material beyond this time.
Application tools: Brush, short haired mohair roller, air/airless spray, applicator.
Apply the lacquer to the floor sparingly and evenly, rolling out the lacquer promptly so as to avoid gluing the boards together.
Substrate temperature: Minimum 15 °C and maximum 25 °C.
Dilution: Maximum 15 % dilution with water by spray application.
Drying time at 20 °C and 50 % RH:
Approx. 3 hours.
Ready for light traffic: 8 hours.
Fully cured after 72 hours.
Apply only 2 coats of lacquer per day.
Water-based products have a certain gluing effect and are therefore only recommended to be used in rooms with a stable humidity. This means that the difference between the highest and lowest relative humidity should not fluctuate more than 30 % over the year.
Cleaning of tools: Soap and water immediately after use.
Storage: Lasts for 1 year if unopened and stored at 20 °C. Not to be exposed to temperatures below 5 °C.
1 coat PreLak 8 m²/litre or 1 coat BasePrime 10 m²/litre
+ 2 coats HP Sport 10-12 m²/litre.
Previously sealed floors:
1 coat HP Sport 10-12 m²/litre.
DIRECTION FOR USE
Ensure that the surface is absolutely clean, dry and free from dust, wax, grease, polish, soap residues etc. Sand the surface to remove dirt and irregularities. Vacuum thoroughly and wipe off with a cloth well wrung in clean water.
- Apply one coat of PreLak or BasePrime. Leave to dry.
- Sand with 150-180 grit sandpaper along the fibres of the wood.
- Vacuum sanding dust and wipe off with a cloth well wrung in clean water.
- Apply a coat of HP Sport.
- Leave to dry overnight and then apply the final coat.
- Apply any line markings before this final coat.
Previously sealed floors:
- Wash with SylvaNeutralizer.
- Sand thoroughly using grit 150-180.
- Vacuum sanding dust and wipe off with a well wrung cloth and clean water.
- Apply one coat of HP Sport and leave to dry.
- Before lacquering the full area, it is recommended to conduct a trial application on a smaller area.
How to conduct a trial application
Lacquer a couple of spots, 2 coats at 4 hours interval. After drying for 24 hours check the spots for adhesion by scraping with the edge of a coin. If the adhesion is functioning and the appearance of the surface is acceptable, the floor can be lacquered.
If the trial application is not satisfactory, the floor has to be sanded to bare wood. Method as described under “Wax/polish treated floors”.
Wax/polish treated floors:
Machine sand before lacquering. Use grain size 24-36 to strip old coats.
Then remove abrasion marks with grain size 60-80.
Finally, use grain size 120-150 to obtain a completely smooth surface.
Vacuum sanding dust carefully.
Then seal the floor as described under “Untreated/sanded floors”.
Before using the product, read the label on the container carefully and observe the recommended precautionary measures.
See Material Safety Data Sheet for detailed information.
F 5.3 - Junckers PreLak
F 8.1 - Junckers HP SportsLine
F 6.4 - Junckers BasePrime
F 10.3 - Junckers SylvaNeutralizer